It's official, The Fi is no longer a baby, my friends. She's barely holding onto toddlerhood. *sniff*
As her uncle Levi said today when I said it was normal for a girl who was almost two to have as many teeth in her head as Madie does: "Yep, almost hitting puberty." Honestly, that's how it feels sometimes. (Especially when she's throwing a tantrum.) She even gets my name right most of the time. There have been so many changes in Madie just in the past week it feels like. I think part of it is that Mike and I are realizing that if we let her have more control over the things she can do then she doesn't get upset throughout the day as much. (LIGHTBULB MOMENT, that one was.) So, that's what we've been doing. For example she climbs into her car seat on her own now. This is a miracle. Simply a miracle.
Madie now helps around the house with the chores. She has always been good about taking care of her toys and books, but now she "sweeps" the entry way; she takes her dishes off the table and into the kitchen to whoever is cleaning up; she even takes dirty clothes and napkins to the hamper in our bedroom. In fact, while she was in there one day after Mike got home from his trip to Yosemite she came back with this:
| The Face. |
We all know she's got a thing for clothes, and recently it's been hats. When she toddled out of the bedroom she had this hat on just the way it should be and Mike and I both cracked up laughing. Then she got ahold of this hat...
| I'm from Fargo, doncha know. |
She reads all the time, and often when I ask nicely she will read to me, rather than have me read to her. It's a very exciting experience. Something is happening in The Pokey Little Puppy that warrants a much more dynamic rendering than I ever seem to accomplish. I think it's the pell-melling down the hill, but I can't be certain. Madie also attends workouts at the church with me and the other women who go. She insists on using her own mat and when she tires of entertaining the children she joins in on the yoga. She's got a Downward Dog that can't be beat.
3 comments:
The hat pictures are great! And
I would love to see her downward dog! haha She must be really coordinated.
Okay, this makes twice in day I've heard mention of the downward dog. I think I must learn what this is.
Love the hats! And yay for fewer meltdowns!
Jessica, it's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You are bent in half, with your bum in the air and your hands (and theoretically your heels) planted firmly on the ground like a dog stretching.
Post a Comment