Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome Madeleine!

Tuesday Night, 10:15 pm: MariLou (Mal's mother) flies into Idaho Falls, ID and is picked up by Mallory.
Wednesday Morning, 2:00 am: Mal starts getting some regular early morning contractions
Wednesday Morning, 2:15 am: Mal takes some raspberry tea which is supposed to intensify contractions.
Wednesday Morning, 4:00 am: Mike wakes up to go to work.
Wednesday Morning, 4:45 am: Mike is weary to go to work because Mal is having contractions 15 mins apart. Mike decides to chance it and heads to work anyways.
Wednesday Morning, 7:00 am: Mike arrives to work. Anxiety about Madeleine's arrival sets in.
Wednesday Morning, 10:00 am: Mal and MariLou go for a walk.
Wednesday Afternoon, 1:00 pm: Mal and MariLou duke it out in a game of Scrabble.
Wednesday Evening, 7:00 pm: Mike gets home after checking in on Mal at least every hour, and enjoys a nice meal of homemade lasagna prepared by MariLou.
Wednesday Evening, 7:30 pm: Contractions have progressed to 3-5 minutes apart for a steady three hours. We head to Madison Memorial Hospital.
Wednesday Evening, 8:15 pm: Mal is admitted to the hospital, room number 3002.
Wednesday Evening, 11:30 pm: Mal continues to dilate to 5 cm.
Thursday Morning, 3:00 am: Mal continues to dilate to 7 cm.
Thursday Morning, 6:47 am: Mal gives birth to Madeleine, 7 lbs 1 oz, 19 inches long!

Mal and I while she was being monitored for admission.

Madeleine being all primped after birth.

A close up shot on Madeleine. She has hair! It's a miracle, considering who her parents are.

Mal first holding Madeleine.

You did a great job Malie! Thanks for bringing such a beautiful girl into this world.

18 comments:

Anony said...

CONGRATS you guys! Cant wait to meet the little angel!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Hey guys congrats! She is beautiful! Glad to hear that everything went well.

Tiffany said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! We are SO excited....She is beautiful! You are amazing both of you *(I don't think the dad's role is too much easier than what we have to go through---you guys have to put up with us...especially if she didn't get an epidural!! ) :) Can't wait to meet her!! PLEEEAAAASSSSE come for Christmas!!!!!! :)

mmclarkfam said...

congrats!!! I'm happy that she is here safe & sound and that all went well. She's beautiful- cant wait to meet her!

Ave said...

Yay! I am so happy! Good job guys, I'll have to call later this weekend to get more details!

Chris said...

Congrats!! We are excited to meet Madeleine and are happy to hear that everything went well for ya. And she does look like she could be named Madeline, so you guys lucked out- you don't have to change the name to Gertrude or anything. Phew, I was worried for ya. (; By the way, she is way cute and you will be able to take many pictures of her without any worries. She must have got Mike's cute-baby genes. Anyway, have fun with your new bundle of joy!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is adorable!

Shannon said...

She is beautiful. Congrats!!! We are so excited to see her!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm glad Madeleine waited to make her appearance when MariLou was there. Madeleine is beautiful!

holly said...

Congratulations! What a gorgeous little girl! She looks so precious...I wish I could see and hold her sooner than later! Can't wait to see more pics...

andalucy said...

well done. i approve.

Karen said...

I'm so excited to give her lots of smooches and loves in a couple of weeks. I wish I didn't have to wait so long! Thank you for a very Happy Anniversary present. We're so happy to have her here safe and sound. Love you guys! Good job, Mal.

Tari said...

Yay!!! Did you guys still try to move this morning????!!!! Let me know if you guys need any help with ANYTHING!

Tara Johnson said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOM AND DAD!!! Mike your a dad. Holy cow. That is kind of weird, don't you have to have a license for that. ha ha jk. Congrats guys we miss you!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful. Sounds like Mallory had a very long labor, I feel for her. Enjoy the newborn stage, it goes away too fast!

MJ said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! And Madeleine is ADORABLE! Congrats, Bob, to being an auntie, as well!

Ave said...

I have been looking online at ways to pronounce Madeleine. It seems that the most popular ways are American "Mad-a-lyn" or the French "Mad-ah-len" which way will you pronounce it?

Anonymous said...

Mad-eh-line. Thanks for asking! Lots of people, right after asking me what her name is, say something like, "oh that's cute. Madelyn." No, are you deaf? I just told you it was Madeleine. It is the French spelling, just real traditional and all, we're not too into the whole lets-spell-a-perfectly-good-name-with-an-x-and-two-ee's kind of thing that you get a lot of out here.

To be honest though, I named her Madeleine knowing people would call her Madelyn sometimes, but that's just unavoidable. Heck, I've been called Madelyn!