Mike is 24 now, which means one more year until rental cars are much cheaper! (Hey, after 21, which Mormons don't even get to really celebrate, what is there to look forward to?)
Mike asked about a week ahead for chicken curry on his birthday. He loves it! In fact, the night before we got together with some friends for dinner and he requested Hawaiian haystacks, which are pretty much the same thing. I reminded him that's what he wanted on his birthday also, and he said, "Yeah, I know." I looked at him and said, "That means that's what we're eating tomorrow." He stared back at me for a second and replied, "Look, I like it, okay?! I just really like it!" I was like, okay, whatever. As long as you know, that's okay with me. So, that's what our friends made. His other food request was french toast for breakfast. (Which I was so happy about! He usually requests omelets or crepes, so this was really easy!)
This is the only gift I have picture of, but he also got a harmonica, which we will put a video up of as soon as he learns a song, he says. I also got him a cd by Ray LaMontagne. Levi introduced me to him in May and as I was listening I thought, "wow, this is exactly the kind of music Mike loves!"
Later Monday night, we had some friends over. We listened to music, chatted, and ate cheesecake with blueberry topping - his last food request.
Later Monday night, we had some friends over. We listened to music, chatted, and ate cheesecake with blueberry topping - his last food request.
2 comments:
Happy birthday again Michael! I hope you had a wonderful day.
Happy Belated Birthday Michael! Sounds like you had a great day with more presents than you expected and lots of yummy things to eat, and of course being with Mallory. :-)
Post a Comment