"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
A Couple Pictures
So, I had my final project in pastry last Monday. My project did not go AT ALL how I wanted - the chocolate garnishes kept crumbling - but luckily he scored me more on effort. Besides, he saw that my garnishes were good, the kitchen was just too hot to let them harden.
Here's a pate a choux swan with white chocolate mousse sitting on a glassy blue simple syrup. You can see my broken Boston on the back of the plate. I also had a chocolate tree garnish - again, they kept breaking.
This picture was sent to me by my Eng. 450 teacher, Bro. Keller. He took it Saturday evening and just wanted to share it with his students. I was pretty impressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am impressed with both pictures!
Wow! Me too.
I can almost see the swan swimming in the Common! Really cool--what is it made out of? (I know you've explained it to me before, but I can't remember.)
Is that the Rexburg temple? Beautiful...
Yes it is the Rexburg temple and the swan is made out of pate a choux.
That looks so incredibly edible. I love cream puffs, they are my favorite pastry. I wish you were going to be here for Christmas.
man, you're really annoying with all your talents. what's your problem? too good to be ordinary?
Post a Comment