We celebrated Miss Nell's first birthday last Sunday with some delicious brownies.
She was, by turns, contemplative over her accomplishments of the past year--
--nervous about what the next year of her life would bring--
--and really excited about eating that brownie.
Some highlights:
Petya can say "Mumma" and "Dada" (and Mumma was first! )
She totally loses control when Dad walks in the door--which is great because I can legitimately say, "She really doesn't want me, Hon," and finish making dinner.
She is the proud owner of 5 teeth to accompany her killer smile.
And here's a birthday story:
After I blew out her candle, Mike stripped her down. When he went to slide her tray back on, something happened--she hurt her finger somehow but we can't really figure out how--and she burst into tears. She cried unconsolably. We gave her the brownie to see if it would distract her and it didn't. She just picked it up and held it in her mouth and kept crying. Finally, when she seemed like she might gag on her own tears and snot, I went over to try and calm her down--I gently pulled at her arm to bring the brownie away from her mouth and she didn't budge. I pulled a little harder and she still fought against me to keep the brownie in her mouth. I eventually gave up and just let her cry with the brownie in her mouth until she finally had to close her mouth to swallow. That seemed to get her mind off whatever it was that hurt her finger.



1 comment:
I love this post. Great pictures and even better captions! Hahaha! I love you Baby Nell!
Post a Comment