Less than 24 hours of getting home from out west, we were back on a trail in Acadia. This time, up to Penobscot Mountain. This was a really fun hike. The kids always enjoy the more difficult ones. Not so much for their length, but more for being technical. They love scrambling rocks and boulders. This trail, and summit for that matter, featured a lot of granite. Our reward at the end of the hike was ice cream. It's tough to beat a reward like that after a nice hike.
When we got to the top of the mountain, Madie and Finn started bouldering this chunk of granite, and were doing exceptionally well. I got videos of them too, which has been fun to show them. I think it's well-documented that Madie likes to climb things (she climbs any birch or maple she can wrap her hands around). She has really taken to climbing lately, and seems to enjoy the challenge and problem-solving that are required to climb. I think this girl needs some challenges like this in her life, they are good character-building experiences. So, I decided to build a bouldering wall on the side of our garage. Climb on!
 |
| Heading up. |
 |
| Overlooking Jordan Pond. |
 |
| Bagged another summit for the books. |
 |
| Finn watched Madie, and then just followed suit. He did a very good job. |
 |
| Madie seriously owned this! |
 |
| A few days later, I took them down to Hell Wall. |
 |
| This is the start of our wall. Hopefully, it will be littered with hand-holds in the next couple of years. |
No comments:
Post a Comment