Finn is starting to really say a lot of words, and has even started to put two words together, sometimes. I will prompt him and prompt him to say something, and he'll either ignore me or laugh or say something else. If Madie prompts him though, he parrots her immediately.
Me: "Finn, say, 'Yes, please.' Say, 'Yes, please!' Say, 'Yes. Please.'"
Madie (after 2 or 3 straight minutes of me begging): "Finn, say, 'Yes, please!'"
Finn: "Yes, please!"
I roll my eyes.
Madie: "Finn, say, 'Thank you!'"
Finn: "Thank you!"
Madie: "Finn, say, 'Sky!'"
Finn: "Sky"
Madie: "Finn, say, 'Ultraviolet rays cause harmful skin damage!'"
...It's ridiculous.
Today I was reading a list of funny verbal mistakes kids make, like calling blueberries boobies and lobsters mobsters, and the like. Well, Madie has one to add to the list. After dinner Dad suggested playing some music while they cleaned up.
Madie: "I want to play Comfy Panda."
My mind: Is this some game they came up with while I was gone one night?
Mike: "What?"
Madie: "Comfy Panda. I want to play that."
Mike: "Do you mean Kung Fu Panda?"
Madie: "Yes, Comfy Fu Panda. Comfu Panda. Comfy Fu Panda."
Hahahahahaha, I was just cracking up in the bathroom the whole time! She never actually nailed it down, but it was so cute!
1 comment:
you're such a great writer, mal. you almost always make me laugh!
Post a Comment