Monday, July 22, 2013

Lady Madie Fi

Man, the fun just never ends with this little miss. Let's see, where to start? ...

Well, this morning she told me, "Mum, my feet hurt." "Oh yeah? Why?" She gave me this look like, Really? You can't figure it out. "Because I'm walking." Oh gosh. Of course.

Madie loves the water. We were watching a girl learning to dive at the pool the other day during Finn's swim lesson. The girl never got the dive, but Madie thought it was very cool. She's been asking for swim lessons for her birthday. I've explained to her that she'll take swim when preschool starts up again because it's included. She doesn't seem to get it. We spent yesterday evening at my aunt's camp and Madie tried to stand strong when her cousin asked if she'd like to go swimming. (I told her we weren't swimming since it was Sunday and hadn't packed her suit on purpose.) I told her she could go wading as deep as her dress permitted. When she went into her thighs I knew I'd lost that battle.

Another new interest is gymnastics. On Wednesday some of the girls who aren't in Young Women but were not having their usual Activity Days pulled some mats out of the closet in the cultural hall and practiced cartwheels and roundoffs. Madie loved it! She was sharing a mat with Kate and doing somersaults. The next day she told me she needed a leotard. I said, "You don't need a leotard to do gymnastics. I did gymnastics for a few years and never had a leotard." "But Mum! I do! I can't do my gymnastics without one! Listen, you just get me a leotard and I'll do gymnastics. Okay?" Yikes.

And here's the candle on the cake. This is a great one. A week ago I was in the car while Mike was driving. I can't remember how I got started, but I sang the la la la's to "Loving You." I could hear Madie in the back playing something with her toys but as soon as I stopped she said, "Was that me?" Mike and I just busted up!

1 comment:

ML said...

The most beautiful girl in the world--it's Madie Fi!