Sunday, May 26, 2013

First Major Project - The Kids Room

Although there were things that I really disliked about living in an apartment (proximity to neighbors that smoke, noise), there were things that I enjoyed. I had no lawn to mow, not bushes to trim, nothing to paint, nothing to replace or install. It was a simple life. Now that we are home owners, life will never be simple again. And for us, our projects have begun! First major project: kids room makeover. 

First order of business after moving in is to remove wallpaper from the kids room. I've never seen a wallpaper with a print that's held it's appeal longer than a few years. And after removing this wallpaper, I pledge to NEVER install wallpaper again for the sake of the poor soul that will have to remove it in 20 years!

First blood.

First we painted the ceiling and the trim white. Madie was a great help and commented at least seven times how much she loved painting. 

After a few hours of drying, we got to work on the walls. This was more of a pistachio color.  


Green feet!

Setting up the beds. 

And a job well done! So glad the kids will be out of our room and be able to enjoy their room. 



3 comments:

Mal said...

I think it's important that everyone know the ceiling and trim was all PINK. Just wanted to let you know.

ML said...

Good choice of color Madie! It's beautiful!

Karen said...

I love how it turned out. Congrats on your first of many projects!