Monday April 15th, Patriot Day in Massachusetts. Also the day of the Boston Marathon. Tragedy struck when two bombs went off near the finish line. The rest of the week left Boston on lockdown and the manhunt began. Fast forward to Friday April 19th, I turned on the live news after work and one of the suspects was surrounded in someone's backyard in a Boston suburb. They finally got him around 9:00 pm. My trip was hinging on this suspect being apprehended. The temple was actually closed on Friday due to the lockdown. Capturing the suspect meant that the temple would be open on Saturday!
 |
| Right after I snapped this photo, an Indian man approached me to chat for a bit. He was a neighbor that had a view of the temple. He said he contemplated moving to another suburb of Boston, but did not want to leave the temple view. So he decided to add a second story to his home for an even better view! He often comes to walk the temple grounds and considers it very sacred. He expressed how much peace he felt there. When he goes to D.C. on business, he makes sure he books a room at the Marriot Hotel in Bethesda with a temple view to feel at home. It was great to hear, because all I had ever heard about the neighbors of the Boston Temple were mostly negative. |
 |
| Tree of life quilt in the Distribution Center. |
 |
| After the temple, I ran to Trader Joe's, and Chipotle. I then made my way to Boston Common to catch some spring. I found a strong police presence as well. |
 |
| I love the old churches in Boston. |
 |
| I wasn't looking for it, but I did happen upon the street the bombings occurred on. |
 |
| On the way back up to Maine, I took highway 1 up the coast through Kennebunk and up toward Portland. Of course, I had to stop by Cape Elizabeth to see the Portland Headlight! |
2 comments:
beautiful Mike!!
So glad you posted this. They're beautiful, Honey.
Post a Comment