I just had to write this down before I forget. But first, a little background:
Madie has been banned from watching movies (full-length at least) and much television at least until we move into the new house. I used to let her watch about 30 minutes of tv a day while I made dinner and the occasional Disney flick. A little before Christmas though this started being followed with horrendous behavior. Even if what she was watching were harmless, educational PBS shows, she would throw tantrums over anything and it would last the rest of the day. So we said until she was a little more mature and grown up she would not be allowed to watch things, especially long movies. This ban has been in effect since the middle of January and in the past month we've slowly been letting her watch 15 minute shows a couple times a week.
Fastforward
I've really started praying with Madie before bed each night, clarifying that although we prayed together just a moment ago, we also have the opportunity to say our own private prayers and that if she'd like, I'd help her. The past few nights she's actually been saying her own prayers once I get her started (she used to say prayers by herself all the time but now she never does, so it was like starting over).
Tonight, following a prompting to thank the Lord for her family, she said, "And thank you and bless my family will help me be nice so when I get bigger I can watch movies and not cry." Hahahaha! Oh dear!
Madie has been banned from watching movies (full-length at least) and much television at least until we move into the new house. I used to let her watch about 30 minutes of tv a day while I made dinner and the occasional Disney flick. A little before Christmas though this started being followed with horrendous behavior. Even if what she was watching were harmless, educational PBS shows, she would throw tantrums over anything and it would last the rest of the day. So we said until she was a little more mature and grown up she would not be allowed to watch things, especially long movies. This ban has been in effect since the middle of January and in the past month we've slowly been letting her watch 15 minute shows a couple times a week.
Fastforward
I've really started praying with Madie before bed each night, clarifying that although we prayed together just a moment ago, we also have the opportunity to say our own private prayers and that if she'd like, I'd help her. The past few nights she's actually been saying her own prayers once I get her started (she used to say prayers by herself all the time but now she never does, so it was like starting over).
Tonight, following a prompting to thank the Lord for her family, she said, "And thank you and bless my family will help me be nice so when I get bigger I can watch movies and not cry." Hahahaha! Oh dear!
1 comment:
What a little sweetheart! Can't wait to see them... and you too Mal! :)
Post a Comment