I just have to write some of these down so we'll have them for future reference.
So far today I have heard from the mouth of my eldest:
"Mum! Look!"
"What?" I look.
She gathers the pages of a book in one hand and proceeds to flip through them only using that hand.
I look astonished. "WOAH! That's cool!"
"Yeah! I'm like Gaston!"
So far today I have heard from the mouth of my eldest:
"Mum! Look!"
"What?" I look.
She gathers the pages of a book in one hand and proceeds to flip through them only using that hand.
I look astonished. "WOAH! That's cool!"
"Yeah! I'm like Gaston!"
Later...
"Mooooom!" She comes running round the corner of the kitchen.
"What?"
"Mom! I need a bandaid!"
With concern, "Why? What happened?"
"Because I got a owie!"
"Let me see." I look at her finger. "I don't see anything."
"No I do!" She goes to the wall and knocks her knuckle against it. "See?"
"Oh, right." I get her a bandaid.
"I need two."
"But you only have one owie."
She starts to take off to the kitchen, "Wait here, I gotta go get another owie."
Ai adai! This girl has me thinking in Micronesian, that's how crazy she is!

1 comment:
She is...EXTRABULOUS! (I was going to say "extraordinary," but no word with "ordinary" in it would apply to Madie-Fi!)
Post a Comment