Monday, December 26, 2011

Prayers by Madeleine

Madie has been saying our mealtime prayers for us for about two weeks. If one of us starts praying she stops us in the beginning and declares that she will "Heavenly Father." So we let her. She does a decent job, but it's fairly formulaic--I mean, she's two, so that's alright. They basically include an address, "fant you," "bess food," and amen. If I suggest anything else too loudly I'm told to "sop" and she must start the prayer all over.

At lunch today though I suggested near the end that we bless Dad. He's been sick since last night and wasn't eating lunch with us, which worried Madie so she willingly threw in, "bess Dadda" without getting upset at me. Then she paused for a moment. Finally, she said, "Merry Hissmass" ("Christmas") and closed the prayer. Hahaha! It was priceless! I just had to write it down!

1 comment:

ML said...

Ohhh--so sweet my little sweetie-pie-pie!