Saturday, August 20, 2011

Woah! Woah, Woah, Sweet Madeleine!

We celebrated Madie's 2nd birthday today! Well, technically, we celebrated it on Tuesday, but we did eat her two favorite foods for dessert: chocolate and strawberries! Thanks Grammy! 

So on Tuesday we celebrated a group birthday for Madie and her two friends Rion and Ezra. They all turned two this past week--and Wee Fi is the youngest of the group. We partied with bubbles and pizza! The food was by far the least-fun part of the whole deal according to the kids. They were too busy playing with the tubs of bubble fluid. They had such a blast!

Funny story: so my mum swears by this banana cake recipe. "It's the best banana cake I've ever had.  It's cool and really banana-ee. It's just so good." I figured a nice cool, chocolate-covered banana cake would taste wicked for an August birthday (or birthdays) and proceeded to make one. I baked it an hour and it was still not quite done so I baked it another five minutes, and then another five. When it finally tested done I put it in the freezer and made the frosting. I had forty-five minutes before I had to frost it and leave for the party. It was just long enough for the cake to cool. When I turned it out onto a sheet pan I noticed the bottom half sunk completely and when I stuck a knife into it, it was entirely raw. 

Lame.

So, 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at the party, my mum and I ran to the store and bought a cake.

Also lame.

But the cake was actually pretty good, so that was cool. But like I said, the food came in a distant second to the bubbles anyway, so I guess I shouldn't have worried so much.

Here's the wee Fi right after her first birthday, just a year ago. **Lip tremble.**

And here she is now! We went for a picture that shows her hair the most. She's been loving having Aunt Kaitlyn here. Auntie Kait put her hair in pigtails and polish on her nails--can you say heaven?

2 comments:

MJ said...

Wha??? where did the *little* girl go??? Mal, she's growing like a WEED!!!

So are mine, I don't know why I'm surprised. Yesterday I was looking at baby pics of my oldest and couldn't believe the difference.

*sniff* :)

Mal said...

I know, it's sad. But fun at the same time! She is so much more fun now than as a new born or baby--always interesting, but only now is she fun.