I am all for fun and games. Toys are fine; puzzles, great! Books, fantastic. Active play, wonderful.
But there are places I draw the line. I am not interested in toys that make loud noises. (Heads up: I will give them away if I find them annoying. I don't care if they cost you $300 and you got her name printed on it, they will be gone. Don't tempt me on this.) I also dislike things that cause more mess than I'm willing to clean up--which really takes a lot. I enjoy housework in general and I usually don't mind cleaning up time and again--even if it isn't exactly my favorite thing. Keeping these boundaries keep me sane and me being sane keeps everyone happy. All in all, I think that's pretty fair.
Unfortunately, one of these nasty mess-makers was given to Madie for her birthday from my friend Shelley. When I helped her tear the wrappings off the long package I was mortified: PLAYDOH.
Ugh.
But I figured as long as she was confined to the table I was willing to let her have it. Of course, that doesn't prevent everything...
This is her reaction after I told her she was not allowed to eat it. (She's pouting.)
So far, we've played with it twice and it's been a quick clean up. But I'm going to rue the day she learns to open the canisters on her own.
No comments:
Post a Comment