Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nativity

I have been looking at nativity scenes around Christmas for the past five years--and no--that's not an exaggeration. I've always liked my mum's nativity scene. It's simple, plain even, but very beautiful. Large, plain white porcelain pieces that have been glazed shiny. I've looked for one like it but haven't been able to find one.

Until today. I saw it, and I'll be honest, I coveted.

It wasn't exactly like my mum's, but had that same simplicity. They were also large figures, which is what I want.

The set was on sale. Anyone wanna guess how much the final cost was? I'll give you a hint: I LOVE this thing; I'm also not buying it.

1 comment:

Shurtliff Family said...

Don't you hate that when the sale price is ridiculous?! We got some for our wedding and my favorite one is from Deseret Book. At least I am pretty sure they sell them there. Tall, simple, glossy, so pretty. If you haven't checked there you might find something. However, Deseret Book can be expensive too. Good luck with that. ;)
And your "new" table looks incredible. I would have never thought to do the two-tone like that but it looks AWESOME! Happy Holidays Mal and Mike!