
What do you do with 6 cups of basil? Make pesto! A friend at work gave me a bag of basil that he grew in his garden, and said he couldn't use all of it. Good friends, huh?

Today was my day off, so we decided to go out on a hike. It's been a while since we have been out hiking, so we decided we would explore Del Valle Regional Park, just about a 15 minute drive from Livermore.

I was honored to carry the 'highness' along the way. She loves sitting in the pack.

We ran into some mule deer along the way. We weren't able to get great shots of them unfortunately.

We didn't end up hiking very long, it might have been over a mile total. We did get a nice vista at the top of wherever we hiked.

Leaves from the sycamore trees were all over the place, ready to endure a good crunching.

Yeeeow-za!

Fall in California. Who would've thought? Of course it's no where near New England...but I think it would surprise a lot of people how much foliage we get here.
5 comments:
I love the pictures--the trees look beautiful! I especially like the photo of Mal and Madie and the leaves.
Yumm! Pesto is a recent discovery of mine! There are so many things you can do with it?! I kinda want to know how home-made compares to store-bought. Is it worth the work?
For the record, one of those geese pooped on me. Though it be not written down, remember, I was pooped on.
I was going to add that with a picture of one of the geese, but the pics didn't turn out well enough. Though I do appreciate your sacrifice for the attempted photos Mal haha. Tani, homemade is really good. It just has more of a fresh taste to it I guess. Store-bought is pretty good too though. Its been good to test both ways to see what we like better.
Fall definitely surprised me, too. Not that my experience from Utah and Idaho can compare with New England.
Post a Comment