Monday, April 19, 2010

Sheeeee's Lost It!

You see this face? A crazy person like this is heading for only one place:



The Rock.
We spent Saturday visiting Pier 39 and watching all the crazies and street magicians and vendors, etc. Madie was pleased to be with her own kind, namely the eccentrics of San Francisco.

You see those giant flat things through the window there? Crepes. Oh yes. We found lunch.

And we quickly found dessert as well. Thank heavens this sign is hoisted high or we might not have made it. It's like the star of Bethlehem, leading the way.

Finally we went to Fort Point underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. (Well, I guess "finally" would be accidentally driving over the bridge, hoping to find the bridge on the other side that would take us toll-free back to Livermore. Whatever.)

Fort Point is actually really cool. It's a California Historic Civil Engineering Landmark (we have a picture of the plaque and I forgot to put it up here. Look on FB in a couple days) because it is the last brick-and-mortar fort to ever be built in the United States. It was built right before (or at the beginning?) of the Civil War, which proved that brick-and-mortar forts are unable to withstand assault from rifled artillery.

It's a beautiful fort. Really beautiful. And it has great vistas of the city.
And it's smack-dab underneath the bridge.

Here we are accidentally driving over the bridge. Unexpected but pleasant nonetheless.
Ya know, I was just going to not post any more pictures from this trip, but we have so many I may do another short post tomorrow or something. For now I just don't have time. Either way, I'll put extras on Facebook for sure.

1 comment:

ML said...

What a great place! Every weekend is a vacation tour! I love seeing your photos.