Monday, April 5, 2010

The Move

We are finally in California together as a family! After six weeks of only seeing each other on most weekends, it is definitely nice to be back together. Our move went really well actually. Luckily Mallory's mother MariLou had most things boxed up for us to load into the truck. Luckily again, my father Bryan flew out to help us load up the truck and drive it to California.

We were debating between traveling the northern route (I-80 west from Salt Lake through Reno and over Donner Pass), or the southern route (I-15 south from Salt Lake through Las Vegas and through Southern California. There were some storms coming in that involved a lot of snow and rain, so the northern route ultimately won due to the less severe roads. Turned out to be the right choice! We left at 5 am from Grandmas house in Orem, UT and the roads were so bad that one could hardly see the lane divisions! Snow was really bad until we got out of Salt Lake. After that, it was smooth sailing. The only 'eventful' part of the trip was when the windshield wiper on the moving truck came off on the drivers side. Thankfully Dad was able to pull over to fix it safely.

We didn't get many pictures of the actual move or of the trip unfortunately, but the few we got are priceless.

Madie really likes to kick her feet up. Seriously, she pulls the visor of her car seat down so she can rest her feet on them. (As if they don't stick straight up into the air all the time anyway.)


View from the front seat.


She also loves birds, as Papa found out at Monterey.


And we ALL love scaring birds!

3 comments:

ML said...

Hahaha! Oh my goodness, that "view from the front seat" picture made me laugh right out loud! I'm glad you had a good trip and are safely in one place again!

Jessica :) said...

I'm so glad you are able to be back together again! I'm sure it's nice for all of you. Glad the move went safely - and I love the view from the front seat!

Ave said...

I bet you feel so much less stress now that you are all together and that student teaching is OVER! Now on to bigger better things, like exploring your new hometown!