Also, look who made the front page of the Mount Desert Islander!
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Sunny forecast...what could go wrong?
Sometimes, I entice the kids to go on hikes or go rock climbing during less than ideal conditions with snacks or sweets. If I took them without snacks, I worry they will have a bad experience and will shy away from that activity in the future. Even though there's a 20 degree windchill with (40mph gusts) on the side of Mount Champlain, we can always say "Hey, at least Dad brought donuts." And yes, I was packing on this blistering morning. Even Amity was phased. I carried her up in my arms the whole way because I couldn't get the carrier to work. Probably best that I did, she was extra warm inside my jacket. The kids had good attitudes. At the very end, Petya began to break down because it was so chilly. We found a warm area touched by the sun and sheltered by the wind and enjoyed our hard-earned donuts. I know the kids won't remember all of these experiences, but I'm hoping it will make them tougher over the long haul.
Labels:
About Amity,
About Finn,
About Madie,
About Mike,
About Petranella
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Uh... you really need your kids to be TOUGHER, Mike?
Post a Comment