We got letters from cousins last Friday. Madie and Sadie have been pen-paling for almost a year now and Madie got a not from Sadie. Even though she had a card she'd made already written and addressed and ready to send out the next day, she said she needed to write a new one because Sadie had asked questions and Madie needed to answer them! So a second letter will be in the mail shortly, Sadie.
On a side note, here's Madie sporting cat ears and a mustache from Aunt Alexa.
![]() |
| She kind of looks like a guy I went to high school with. |
But that was not all! Finn and Killian sometimes send each other pictures. Well, in the mail I found a large manilla envelope addressed to Finn. Inside was an awesome Killian original and a cool shark-sticker poster. (It was like color-by-number but with stickers.) Finn immediately started working on the shark, pausing only to have dinner. At the very end--the last five stickers or so--he started to weary and asked for help. I sat next to him and did a couple of them for him, but mostly I think he just needed someone to talk to while he did it. He is not a quiet boy, and spending so much consecutive time on his own doing the poster was, I think, taxing on his brain.
I mean, that makes it sound like he was doing this for five hours or something. It was more like two, including supper and setting the table. But two hours of quiet activity for Finn is similar to two hours of listening to death metal music for other people.
![]() |
| The shark now hangs on his wall by his bed. |


No comments:
Post a Comment