Sunday, September 24, 2017

Madie and Amity share a big day

Madie's big day happened on Sunday August 27, 2017 at 7:30 am. Leading up to her baptism, she wanted to be baptized in the font at the church. Mal and I kept trying to persuade her to opt for a pond or the ocean for at least the last year. She can be pretty stubborn. But then, Mal suggested to Madie that it would be better for the earth if she was baptized in a natural body of water. That's when Madie decided that she was okay being baptized in a pond! She chose Lakewood Pond, in Acadia National Park. Madie is now officially on the short list of people that have been baptized in a national park. Amity was in attendance, but she was sleeping in her car seat the whole time, so she didn't make it into any of our photos. Both Grammy and Nana gave opening/closing prayers, Papa gave the talk, and I did the ordinances. Leading up to the confirmation, I asked Madie who she wanted to help confirm her a member. She told me Robert Baird, Bishop Erickson, Papa, Jeff Waldrop, and myself, of course. Thank you to all that made this happen! The photos were taken by Jason Barrett, and were quite spectacular. They looked like moments from the 19th century. So cool!

We left for church shortly after the confirmation, and after the social time. Amity was blessed during sacrament meeting. Those that stood in the circle with me were Craig Rand, Mike Riggs, Papa, and Bishop Erickson. She was very calm during the blessing, which is her personality. Mal and I did a special musical number during sacrament meeting, "I'm trying to be like Jesus", with the acoustic guitar. It was the Watkins show at church.


















No comments: