It's been a remarkably warm winter here in Bar Harbor, we've enjoyed it some, but really we just want a heap of snow to play in. The kids have been alternatively whining about the lack of snow and wishing they could live in Arizona. ??
![]() |
| Sacrament meeting art by Finn. |
^^I'll give everyone three guesses to figure out what movie Finn is obsessed with right now.^^
I finally finished Madie's Christmas mittens. I had finished on before Christmas, but wasn't able to get the second done. So I started on it afterward, stayed up late one night to get it as close to done as possible, and just as I was laying down at 2:30 am, I realized, I hadn't left a hole for the thumb. UGGGHHHH. Literally everything I stayed up for that night had to be pulled out. That's what I get for working tired, I guess. After I finished knitting them, Madie asked to have them fleece lined, but by then I was working on a shower gift for a friend's baby. Finally last night I finished the gift and the linings for Madie's mittens. And as happy as Madie is, she's not as happy as I am to be done.
Finn, Nellie, Elvis, and I enjoyed a stroll through the woods on a warm, 48 degree day a few weeks back.
![]() |
| Finn calls this his "woodman's jacket." |
I love living in a small town. And winter is really the best time here, when the tourists clear out. No driving in circles for a parking spot, no crush of people in the aisles, and no long lines for anything. The kids love the fish counter the best. And the man working on this particular day is the absolute nicest. I was waiting at the deli for the worker to finish slicing some meats and cheeses, and P went over to watch the lobsters float lethargically in their tank. The man saw her and took one out for her to touch and look at--they often do when asked, but she never even had to. Finn ran over to check it out too. He kept them occupied for a good five minutes while I finished by deli order.


3 comments:
I only need 1 guess...Star Wars!
Bingo!
I was really quite impressed with his tie fighters. He basically play/drew the whole battle during the second half of sacrament.
Post a Comment