While we await the successful posting of Finn's birthday, here's a little bit about the Lady Fi.
This girl cracks me up. I remember talking with Mike when she was 2-3 about her lack of imagination. She didn't play well by herself at all. And if I ever suggested a game of make believe--"Let's pretend the couch is a boat!"--she would just stare at me. "But it's not. It's a couch."
Well, that little kid is totally gone. Penetre l'actrice! She and Finn play dog and owner. The dog's name is Custard, the name given him by Mademoiselle Madeleine. Sometimes she is Rosetta, who I think is a cat.
She asked me once if Santa lived in a "striped chocolate house" (an old yellow Tudor-style house on Mt. Desert Street). I told her I didn't think he lived in that particular one, but I bet he lives in one similar. And if he doesn't, he should.
One of her favorite activities is dressing up. She loves to take her friends downstairs and break out the capes and dresses. She and the girl across the street like to play "princess sisters." Madie is often a girl named Amelia. I don't know where she comes up with all her names, but they're good. I wish we had more versatile dressups--I feel like with a cape or a hat or gloves or something you can be a lot of things, but with a dress she's pretty much just a princess.
I'll often catch her mumbling to herself, which inevitably means she's playing something out in her head. This particular trait has now rubbed off on Finnegan, which I think is hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment