Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Two At Home

A couple pictures of our activities last week. Finn really wants to go to school. He also wants to drive a mail truck. So our van alternates between a school bus and a mail truck. This week it's been mail truck every day. He has also taken to instructing me to say, "Climb in, Mail Man!" When we wait at the end of the drive for the school bus with Madie every morning, Finn delights in looking for big trucks on Rt. 3 and pumping his arm to prompt a blow. 

Back to the school thing--so he really wants to go to school, but gets that he can't. One thing that has helped him deal with it is to "pack a lunch" everywhere we go. Not a big deal for me, really, since I pack lunches for him all the time anyway. Really the only difference is that I stick them into his Spider Man lunch box. On our way to Kids in Motion this week, he was so cute running in with his lunch box, I asked for a picture.

"Finn, can I have a picture?" "Sure!"

"Okay. Thanks."

Thursday we hit up the Jesup Path with Julia and her kids. Mike and I took our kids on a walk there today and I was amazed at how quickly we reached the boardwalk from the Park Loop. On Thursday it took us like, 30 minutes. Today it was more like 10. I guess Finn and Logan stopping to "fish" every time we passed a pool of water by the path really took more time than I thought. (HELLO! It's a wetland.)

At the end of the path, Julia ran up to the post with the kids and yelled, "We did it!" All the kids copied her. Then any time they saw a piece of wood that looked like it might serve the purpose, they laid hands on it and yelled, "We did it!" for a total of 4 times.

Then there's this little gem.


 Petya loves her belly time. I think it's so funny to listen to Madie yell, "She just rolled over! Mum! She rolled over!" She's been rolling over for four months. She understands now, too, that if she pulls hard with her arms she can move forward. She isn't crawling yet, and not even really pushing onto her knees, but this girl has one kick-butt army crawl. They should hire her for the Y's HICT. 

Her back must be ripped--she is constantly in  a Superman. Mike told Madie to try and hold one as long as Petya did. Right.
Like the rest of our kids, she's got a thing for cloth. She prefers socks in her mouth. She'll pull one off her foot, stick it in her mouth, and just be happy as can be.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Such a cute post, Mal. I laughed so hard at the one about Finn getting his picture taken! The kids are so cute and I can't wait to see them in a couple months. Wish it was sooner!