I called Gram last night to let her know we were going to play it safe and stay here for the weekend--we had planned to go up to Dover and watch the LDS General Conference with her at least Sunday, possibly Saturday too. She was disappointed, but understood; I've been having contractions since Monday, and last night's and todays have actually been a little painful. (Unfortunately, they have not been regular.)
The conversation naturally turned to some of Gram's labors. Here's a classic line pertaining to the labor she had with my dad I just had to share because it is just so Grammy:
"I woke up needing to use the bathroom, so I went in, but came right back out since it passed. A few minutes later though I went back in with the same feeling, but it passed again. Then it occurred to me I should time them. Sure enough they were 10 minutes apart and I realized I was having contractions, so I went in and took a bath, 'cause you know, if you're going to have a baby, you want to be clean."
I chuckled when she said that, but every time I've thought of it since it has struck me as even funnier than before.
The conversation naturally turned to some of Gram's labors. Here's a classic line pertaining to the labor she had with my dad I just had to share because it is just so Grammy:
"I woke up needing to use the bathroom, so I went in, but came right back out since it passed. A few minutes later though I went back in with the same feeling, but it passed again. Then it occurred to me I should time them. Sure enough they were 10 minutes apart and I realized I was having contractions, so I went in and took a bath, 'cause you know, if you're going to have a baby, you want to be clean."
I chuckled when she said that, but every time I've thought of it since it has struck me as even funnier than before.
No comments:
Post a Comment